FritzBox - 7490
Complete high-speed home networking
Take advantage of spectacular wireless speeds and dramatic increases in range with new, ultra fast Wireless AC. Discover the top model for Internet, telephony, and multimedia.
Compatible with any connection
You can use your FRITZ!Box with any DSL connection. Alternatively, you can run it behind a fiber optic or cable modem and simply integrate it into an existing wireless network. It can even be operated with a 3G dongle.
VDSL vectoring for high speeds
With FRITZ!Box, you’re ready for the future: as vectoring is supported, you can reach throughput rates of up to 100 Mbit/s with standard VDSL connections and double your Internet speed without any extra hardware.
At home anywhere with MyFRITZ!
With the MyFRITZ! service from AVM, you benefit from secure and convenient access to your FRITZ!Box from anywhere in the world. You can retrieve files stored in FRITZ!NAS, view your recent call list and listen to messages left on your answering machine. With the MyFRITZ!App, you can even access your FRITZ!Box remotely using your smartphone or tablet.
Peace of mind
FRITZ!Box offers comprehensive protection against attacks. The preconfigured firewall, filter function, and DECT and wireless encryption ensure secure connections. Parental controls and guest Internet access are, of course, included free of charge.
Encrypted communication via VPN
Thanks to the recognized industry standard IPsec, you can establish a virtual private network to connect with your FRITZ!Box or company network. The settings can be configured on your FRITZ!Box and transferred to smartphones, tablets, and computers.
Ready for the future with IPv6
In addition to IPv4, FRITZ!Box supports the IPv6 Internet protocol. IPv6 makes existing services more convenient and simplifies a host of new applications, so you can rest assured that you’re ready for the latest technologies.
Wireless AC with 1300 Mbit/s
The new AC standard delivers lightning-fast Wireless LAN. Quickly and securely connect your computer, smartphones, and tablets to your FRITZ!Box and benefit from maximum speed and a far greater range.
Two wireless networks for more flexibility
FRITZ!Box simultaneously uses the 5 and 2.4 GHz networks for maximum flexibility, enabling you to connect at ultra high speeds of 1300 Mbit/s or 450 Mbit/s. Auto channel search can be used to select the best wireless channel.
Wireless guest access
Offer your guests easy-to-use Internet access with a separate network key and user name. Your guests have no access to your home network and your data remain private.
FRITZ!Box as a private hotspot
When using your FRITZ!Box as a hotspot, you can restrict Internet usage to surfing and e-mail. You have a usage log, while your guests benefit from an integrated QR code that makes it easy for them to connect to the Internet.
Optimum connectivity at all times
The wireless monitor analyzes wireless networks within range and displays them in a user-friendly chart. So, if necessary, you can switch to available channels and quickly find the best wireless settings.
Even more range with “Wireless Repeater” mode
When used as a wireless repeater, the FRITZ!Box makes extending your wireless range child’s play. It can be integrated into existing networks via LAN or wireless LAN, serving as a high-speed access point or wireless hotspot.
Secure ex works
Every FRITZ!Box is delivered with its own network key to protect your network from unauthorized access. All wireless networks including the guest access can be secured with their own unique key.
Connected in a flash
Thanks to WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup), you can connect new wireless-enabled devices in a flash. Simply press the “WPS” or “WLAN” button on the FRITZ!Box and on the new device – and it will be securely and automatically registered with the network.
The FRITZ!Box is compatible with all common telephones — analog phones, fax machines, IP and ISDN telephones, and telephone systems. Any devices connected can easily be managed with user-friendly menus.
Cordless freedom with DECT
Up to six cordless telephones can be added to the DECT base station, with all conversations protected by ex works encryption. FRITZ!Box uses the DECT standard and offers even more convenient features in conjunction with FRITZ!Fon.
Answering machine with voice to mail
Once activated, the built-in answering machine stores voice messages and sends them to you by e-mail, giving you the opportunity to call back if necessary. The answering machine can also be set to switch on and off at certain times.
All contacts synchronized
You can either save your telephone book contacts on the FRITZ!Box or use existing Google contacts. The FRITZ!Box synchronizes the entries automatically so that you’re always up to date.
Sending and receiving faxes
No more external fax machines are needed thanks to the FRITZ!Box fax function. A user-friendly menu allows you to edit text and images and compose your message before pressing “Send.” Incoming faxes will be forwarded to your e-mail address as PDF attachments.
Making perfect HD telephone calls
Enjoy top-quality phone calls. Thanks to cutting-edge technology, voices sound as clear and precise as if the other caller were sitting in the same room. Both FRITZ!Box and FRITZ!Fon support HD telephony ex works.
fritz.box – everything made easy
FRITZ!OS is the FRITZ!Box operating system and can be easily controlled via your browser. User-friendly menus, easy-to-understand wizards, and the optional advanced mode come in handy in all scenarios.
FRITZ!OS is continually being refined for increased convenience and performance. And, best of all, the latest developments can be downloaded for free to ensure that your FRITZ!Box always stays up to date.
Media server for great entertainment
The FRITZ!Box manages all connected USB storage devices and makes their contents available throughout the network. The media server lets users enjoy music, photos, and videos on network-enabled playback devices.
FRITZ!Apps for iOS and Android
The practical FRITZ!Apps offer a wealth of exciting features for smartphones and tablets. Use these free apps for increased convenience when you’re on the go.
Smart Home: the clever place to live
Conveniently control Smart Home devices with FRITZ!OS. With the FRITZ!DECT 200, for example, you can measure and evaluate the energy consumption of connected devices. It’s even possible to switch them on and off automatically.
Maximum energy efficiency
The many features offered by FRITZ!OS remove the need for additional devices such as fax and answering machines. And DECT and wireless transmission power is decreased when devices are not in use, saving both energy and money.
- DSL router with firewall/NAT, DHCP server, DynDNS client, UPnP AV
- VDSL or ADSL line with optional analog or ISDN landline network
- Supports 100 Mbit VDSL lines with full vectoring
- Use of existing Internet connections via LAN and wireless LAN
- Router operation even at a cable modem, glass fiber connection or with a 3G dongle (UMTS/HSPA)
- Support for IPv6
- Stateful Packet Inspection Firewall with port forwarding
- Secure remote access over the Internet with VPN (IPSec)
- Wireless networks compliant with 802.11ac (up to 1300 Mbit/s gross; 5 GHz) and 802.11n (up to 450 Mbit/s gross; 2.4 GHz)
- Dual Wireless AC + N for simultaneous operation in the 2.4 and 5 GHz bands
- Compatible with Wireless 802.11g, b and a (11, 54, 150, 300 Mbit/s)
- Secure ex works with WPA2 encryption
- AVM Stick & Surf: automatic security for wireless surfing
- WLAN pushbutton (to switch wireless LAN on/off manually)
- Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS)
- Wireless guest access – secure surfing for friends and visitors
- Wireless network range extended through repeater function
- Wireless auto channel: Automated search for wireless LAN radio channel free of interference
- WLAN Eco for optimum performance at minimum power consumption
- Telephone systems with DECT base station for up to 6 cordless telephones
- Voice transmission encrypted upon delivery
- ISDN S₀ bus for connecting ISDN telephones/ISDN telephone system
- 2 a/b ports for connecting analog telephones, answering machines and fax
- Supports HD telephony for natural sound
- DECT Eco: Radio network switches off ergonomically
- 5 integrated answering machines featuring voice-to-mail
- Fax function including e-mail forwarding (fax-to-mail)
- Call diversion, internal calls, three-party conferencing, call transfer
- Call blocks, alarm, baby monitor, VIP calls and Do not Disturb
- Internet telephony SIP-compliant in accordance with RFC 3261
- Registration of IP telephones (LAN/WLAN) SIP-compliant
- FRITZ!App Fon for telephony with Apple iPhone (iOS4 or higher) or Google Android (2.1 or higher)
Convenience for the home network
- Media server makes music, pictures and videos in the network available to devices in the home network (SMB, FTP, UPnP AV)
- With MyFRITZ!, secure access to your own FRITZ!Box from anywhere
- FRITZ!NAS – simple, browser-based access to all files in the network
- 512 MB internal memory
- Platform for networked applications like IPTV, video on demand and media streaming, thanks to the powerful dual-core processor
- Parental controls, push service, cloud contacts, online storage
- Guest access: sharing of existing Internet connection over LAN or wireless LAN
- Wake on LAN over the Internet
- Supports devices compliant with DLNA
- "fritz.box": multi-language user interface, for intuitive operation via Web browser
- User interface optimized for smartphones and tablets (responsive design)
- Free updates for new functions and security
- Advanced view for special configuration options, help function with full-text search
- FRITZ!Apps for wireless LAN telephone calls in the home network, file access from on the go and more (Android and iOS)
- Smart Home features integrated in the user interface
- Smart Home devices can be switched manually and automatically both in the home network and from the Internet
- For the VDSL or ADSL line
- ADSL/ADSL 2+ compliant with Annex A, B, J and M
- Analog or ISDN landline
- 4 x gigabit Ethernet (10/100/1000 Base-T)
- Wireless access point compliant with IEEE 802.11ac, n, g, b, a
- 2 x USB 3.0 port for printers and storage media
- DECT base station for up to 6 handsets
- ISDN S₀ bus (RJ45) for ISDN telephones or ISDN telephone system
- 2 a/b ports (RJ11) for analog telephones, answering machines and fax
- FRITZ!Box 7490
- Power supply unit
- 4-meter DSL/telephone connecting cable
- 1.5-meter LAN cable
- Installation Guide
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 245 x 175 x 55 mm
- Suitable for tabletop or wall-mounted operation
- Average power consumption: 9.3 W
- 5-year manufacturer’s warranty
|Kurzanleitung_AVM_FRITZBox_7490.pdf||User Manual||User Manual||Download|